Arabic Language Proficiency Test (ALPT)
What is the Arabic Language Proficiency Test?
The advantages of having such a worldwide standard to measure Arabic language proficiency include:
- Accurate student placement into appropriate Arabic langauge course levels
- Assessing the effectiveness of Arabic language courses and programs through pre and post-program testing
- Evaluating test-takers and their likelihood of success prior to admission to Arabic language programs or Arab universities
- Facilitates admission to academic programs that need a minimum level of Arabic fluency
- Provides proof of Arabic language fluency for employees who need to present such certificates to current or prospective employers
The Arabic Language Proficiency Test (ALPT) is endorsed by the Islamic Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ICCI). There are 56 member countries under ICCI that include all 22 Arab countries as well as 34 countries in Africa and the Far East.
The Ministry of Religious Affairs in Indonesia (MORA) has signed a cooperation agreement with the Arab Academy that relates to the utilization of ALPT at universities, institutes and schools that fall under it.