|Embed this image on your site:|
This is a flash demo with information on how to perform prayers in Islam.
|Learn How to Pray (Muslim Prayers)|
|Step One: Takbiirah|
The prayers begin with a ‘takbiirah’ to announce that the prayers has started.
The person says: “Allahu Akbar” and raises his hands behind his ears to announce the prayers has started.
Step Two: Doing a rak3ah
A rak3ah is a unit of prayers. Depending on the prayer of the day, you will perform a different number of rak3ah.
What is a rak3ah?
A rak3ah is a unit in prayers that is composed of the following:
1. Reading al-fati7ah
2. Reading a surah after the fati7ah (only in the first 2 rak3ah of all prayers)
3. Kneeling and saying: ‘sub7aana rabiyya-al-3a6’iim’ 3 times
4. Standing upright again and saying: ‘sami3a Allahu liman 7amida’
5. Bending down to prostrate and saying: ‘Allahu akbar’
5. Prostrating and saying: ‘sub7aana rabiyya-al-a3laa’ 3 times
6. Raising the head and saying: ‘Allahu akbar’
7. Prostrating and saying: ‘sub7aana rabiyya-al-a3laa’ 3 times
Expressions used in each rak3ah
|God is Great.|
|Praise my Great Lord.|
سُبْحَانَ رَبِّيَ الْعَظِيمُ
|God listens to those who praise Him.|
سَمِعَ اللهُ لِمَنْ حَمِدَهُ
|Praise my Loftiest Lord.|
سُبْحَانَ رَبِّيَ الأعْلَى
|Peace be on you and God’s Mercy and Blessings.|
السَّلامُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ
How many rak3ah is done for each prayer?
Number of rak3ah for each prayer
|Basic obligatory prayer||sunnah prayers (optional but highly recommended)||taraawii7 extra prayers done during Ramadan|
|4 before and 2 after|
|2 after followed by 2 for shaf3 and 1 or 3 for watr|
from 8 to 32
Step Three: Doing the tashahhud
At the end of all prayers (and a short version of it after every 2 rak3ah), the person sits on his knees to says the tashahhud. For prayers that are composed of 3 or more rak3ah, the tashahhud is said twice. The first time is after the first 2 rak3ah and the second time is at the end of the prayers. In that case, the whole tashahhud is not said the first time, but just half of it. The person stops immediately after the shihaadah.
The whole tashahhud is said in prayers that are composed of rak3ah only.
Step Four: Terminating the prayers with as-salaam
After the tashahud, a person can pray to Allah before terminating the prayers. The termination takes place as follows:
– The head is turned to the right and the person says: as-salaamu 3alayka wa ra7matu-Allahi WA barakaatuh
– Then the head is turned to the left and the person says: as-salaamu 3alayka WA ra7matu-Allahi WA barakaatuh
The prayers have ended!